Hey Neil, a small suggestion, don't tell everyone that their freedom of speech
is not allowed here and then also "welcome it" in the same paragraph. No one's
interested in staying within your little box and waiting for you to give them a
permission slip to have an idea.
Non-commercial doesn't have more working options than commercial, this is
simply false. Go browse around on github right now, see for yourself how great
the percentage of projects there are just dead and dormant. With commercial
software, it tends to live while it's profitable and when it's a bad idea or
poorly run, it disappears. Survival of the fittest in action.
You say that these ideas are "impossible" and that it's "trolling" - is it
really? As far as I can tell, if Apache was truly open about things (which I
know they aren't), nothing stops me from taking the netbeans source code,
applying a commercial license and keeping all the profit for myself. Obviously
that helps no one but it certainly proves that it's not impossible.
    On Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 15:36:58 GMT, Neil C Smith