I've been unemployed since 2008. It seems that the industry is blind to
people who want to contribute in a way that does not see them ensconced in
a nomadic lifestyle where the contributor must move involuntarily at the
whims of employers. I've hence resolved only to contribute time voluntarily
when (or indeed if) I find an employer who understands that I can make a
contribution without having to consider relocation.

If you know anyone who will let me work this way, then let me know. You'll
find that I have a LinkedIn profile.