PS: You get no points at all for "waiting a long time for this version".
None at all. Waiting for an Apache project to be released is the worst
thing you can do -- instead, all the source code is available and there's
all kinds of ways to be involved, at least in discussions, at least by
being aware of the process the Apache project you're using is involved in.