Don't want to sound like I'm trolling, but why exactly were you waiting a
long time for this version? I'm using 8.2 and it's quite fine for PHP
development. If there's something you expected to see in v9 then you should
have also been aware of the development and caveats as Geertjan mentioned.

That being said, perhaps " I waited a long time for this version" is just a
friendly attempt attempt at saying "longtime user/fan...?"