That’s excellent. You can see this as a unique opportunity for your
development team to drive the direction of a part of Apache NetBeans
project relevant to your business needs, in co-ordination with others in
the Apache NetBeans community that have comparable interest in those parts
of the project. I.e., you can scratch all your itches. :-)

Gj