>  Just please stop referring to these stupid surveys

Geertjan, do you have a proof that they are stupid? I think not, just like
I do not have a proof that they are wise.

> (do you know anything at all about who filled in those surveys, for
> example?)

Yes. Look into the link if you want.

-- NetBeans has a community of users and that's who we're focused on
> supporting.

Netbeans is mostly a general Java IDE. Aren't you pretending a little bit
that it is not the case?

> If there are missing features, file a bug report and ideally provide a
> pull request to provide the fix.

Thank you for the information, but the thread started because of an
essential bug ignored for many years. I will provide a patch for it, even
that I am a bit afraid that it will be wasted. By the way, didn't you make
a whole database of open bugs obsolete, with no migration attempts?

Thanks,

Thank you as well, and all the best in making Netbeans better under the new
formula. Happy transition.