No, NetBeans is much more than a Java IDE. I am sorry, I can extend this
discussion with more and more responses or I can do what is needed right
now, which is we need to work on NetCAT now:

http://netbeans-vm.apache.org/synergy/client/app/#/run/29/v/2

The thread started because you had a ridiculously easy thing that needed to
be done and that you haven't done for many years -- you can do so right now
and provide the pull request here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pulls

Gj