Hi Thomas,

There is perhaps something specific in your environment, as I have been
using NetBeans 11 daily (all day) without crashes on OS X.  Just so you
have the details of my environment and can perhaps try to configure
similarly to see if it helps:

Product Version:  Apache NetBeans IDE 11.0 (Build
incubator-netbeans-release-404-on-20190319)
Java:  1.8.0_202-b05; OpenJDK 64-Bit Server (Azul Zulu JDK)
System:  Mac OS X Version 10.13.6

Also, you may wish to try and start with a new user directory to see if
that helps.  Perhaps there is something in your current user directory that
is not functioning, as expected, and causing the crash.

Hope this helps.