Hi Geertjan,
This was a crash of the NB JVM, so I didn't think NB would have had an
opportunity to write anything before it croaked.  But I went to Application
Support/NetBeans/11.0/var/log and checked there to see if there was the
equivalent of a core dump.  But just the messages.  Since  I had restarted
NB since the crash, I looked in messages.log.1 to see if there were any
messages prior to the crash.  Looking back a couple hundred lines back from
the end of the log, I see:
          WARNING
[org.netbeans.modules.javascript2.editor.formatter.FormatContext]: Tried to
remove EOL
          WARNING [null]: Last record repeated again.
          WARNING [null]: Last record repeated again.

followed by 167 WARNING messages like this:
          WARNING
[org.netbeans.modules.editor.bracesmatching.MasterMatcher]: Origin offsets
out of range, origin = [671, 698], caretOffset = 727,
          lookahead = 1, searching forward. Offending BracesMatcher:
org.netbeans.modules.html.editor.HtmlBracesMatching@1293bde1

with only the coordinates & the caretOffset changing.  Followed by the
WARNING message:
          WARNING [org.netbeans.modules.versioning.util.Utils]:
associateEncoding() no file object available for

/var/folders/gz/86n0ss0j65q2v4mk50wfnx8h0000gn/T/vcs-1555092873422/vcs-1555362477084/index.html

followed by the WARNING message:
          WARNING [org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue]: too much time in
AWT thread null

followed by three WARNING messages like this one:
          WARNING [org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue]: too much time in
AWT thread org.netbeans.modules.sampler.InternalSampler@662b36a1

That's it.  Since there are no time stamps on any of these entries, I have
no idea whether these happened just before the crash or hours/days before.
Is there anywhere else I should/could be looking for clues?  Is this info
enough to go on to open a Jira ticket?

Thanks,
Tom
p.s. here's the beginning of the log file:

>Log Session: Friday, April 12, 2019 at 2:14:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time
>System Info:
  Product Version         = Apache NetBeans IDE 11.0 (Build
incubator-netbeans-release-404-on-20190319)
  Operating System        = Mac OS X version 10.14.4 running on x86_64
  Java; VM; Vendor        = 11.0.1; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
11.0.1+13-LTS; Oracle Corporation
  Runtime                 = Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 11.0.1+13-LTS
  Java Home               =
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-11.0.1.jdk/Contents/Home
  System Locale; Encoding = en_US (nb); UTF-8
  Home Directory          = /Users/thwolf
  Current Directory       = /

>>> http://jj-blogger.blogspot.com