Can you be very explicit about ‘but that is not quite the case these days’?
Do you mean specifically the need for an installer, which already exists,
but you can’t find it? We need very explicit statements because we really
want to support you.

And what do you mean explicitly about NetBeans ‘adapted to Java EE 8’, very
explicitly? We have a PR right now about Payara integration by the Payara
team, as well as a PR by Josh Juneau about various UI elements explicitly
including Java EE 8. So these are available but not integrated yet.

Though using Maven you could set up an archetype, e.g., the AirHacks
archetypes by Adam Bien, which support Java EE 8, and deploy to GlassFish,
from Apache NetBeans 11.0 onwards.

Gj