Hi Richard,

The PR for inclusion of Java EE 8 support has been issued...I'm just
working out a few minor build discrepancies...hoping to get it into the
next release.  As far as creating a Java EE 8 application project, you can
also use the Maven archetype that I developed for use with Apache NetBeans:

https://github.com/juneau001/javaee8-archetype

The Java EE 8 support uses this archetype when it creates a new Java EE 8
project.  The Java EE 8 support also adds support for GlassFish 5.0.1 and
GlassFish 5.1.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Josh Juneau
juneau...@gmail.com
http://jj-blogger.blogspot.com
https://www.apress.com/us/search?query=Juneau