Running Ubuntu 18.04  with OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.3+7-Ubuntu-1ubuntu218.04.1)

I have installed NetBeans 11.1.  I know nothing about Netbeans so am trying to learn from book 'August 2015 Mastering Netbeans' .

The book says "*/Netbeans provides native built-in support for MySql. No additional drivers need to be downloaded to connect to MySql databases; everything is provided as standard with Netbeans/*".

Per instructions I right-clicked *Register MySql Server* thus opening *MySql Server Properties* and filled out properties.

I now get under *Services => Databases => MySql Server at localhost:3306[rick] (disconnected)**.
*

(I didn't use root as rick has all privaleges including GRANT).*
*

*
*

Don't know where to go from here!*