The times have changed. Users mainly compute via their mobile gadget or via
a web browser.

Due to increased security requirements side-installing an app on the actual
desktop OS is much more demanding. The are appstores which have even more
rules (and associated fees).

In a way most desktop apps are automatically into the "workstation"
territory. Not hobby market.

Java is no longer expected to be available but has to come bundled with the
native installer.

--emi

mar., 17 sept. 2019, 13:06 Judi Rastall <j...@rastall.com> a scris: