I have been following this thread with interest as I am building a project for distribution into the hobby market. I am a hobbyist and I am having to learn Java along the way but that's another story.

I thought the whole point of Java is that it is cross-platform and that each user would install the JRE appropriate to their platform's OS. Attempting to bundle a JRE with the distribution has to be platform specific which defeats the object? I was under the impression that, if you tried to launch the jar file and it could not find a JRE, it would prompt to download.

Judi R