Carl:

I just fired up an old Windows 10 box that I turn on every 3 to 4 months to
test my hypothesis.  Installed like a hot knife through butter.  The only
glitch might be you have to check @ installation of AdoptOpenJDK 13 to have
it modify the JAVA_HOME environment variable.  If you miss that (it should
be the default in my opinion) you might/will have a problem with NB (or
anything else java related) finding the JDK/JRE.  AdoptOpenJDK DOES have a
JRE/JVM in it.