From: Geertjan Wielenga <geert...@apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2019 2:10 PM
To: Walter Oney <walter.o...@oneylaw.com>
<users@netbeans.apache.org>
Subject: Re: A Bad Thing has happened to the promise of platform independence

The OpenJFX samples work out of the box.

However, it appears your Java environment is misconfigured in some way --
though we're not going to know unless you provide the error messages you're
seeing with the OpenJFX samples. Is it during the build, or during deployment?
What are the error messages, please?

Gj

On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 8:08 PM Walter Oney <walter.o...@oneylaw.com

        From: Geertjan Wielenga <geert...@apache.org
<mailto:geert...@apache.org> >

        > You're going to have to do better than this in terms of error
reporting.

        I don't want to be on the leading edge here -- I just want to get back
to developing my app. I got sidetracked by not knowing I needed JNA.JAR in
addition to JNA-PLATFORM.JAR. But thanks all the same -- today's experience
reinforces my notion that the toolset, considered as a whole, isn't yet ready
for prime time. In the fullness of time, I may try to help fix the installers
so they're more robust in terms of version management.

        --
        Walter C. Oney, Jr., Esq.
        267 Pearl Hill Rd., Fitchburg, MA 01420