Fair enough, but the Java 7u6 release notes are quite stale. The Java 11 notes
at
https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/11-relnote-issues-5012449.html#Removed
lists JavaFX among the many things that were removed.

Java 11 was a very significant milestone with major changes. It was perhaps the
turning point that the subject of this thread eludes to. I suspect most
companies are still on Java 8 because of the mess that was created when Java 11
dropped many features. (Without the path forward being ready. It still isn’t.)

It is confusing, which is why it is necessary to keep up with the changes in
each release.

Anyway, let’s build that path forward and get NB smoothly operating. With the
right tool support we can get rid of some of these pain points.

Scott