I know that the Netbeans’s forum doesn’t maintain Java.com<http://Java.com>.
But I don’t know anyone else to ask off hand.

I went to Java.com<http://Java.com> to find out the “latest public stable
release”.   I was expecting Java 9 point something.    But I was hoping for 10,
11 or maybe 12.   Low and behold it is still on Java8 u 221?

Isn’t Java 9 stable enough for public?   As a person that writes software for
the customers of my company, I am loath to write code using a version of Java
that won’t be compatible with what most people already have installed on their
machine.     And if they don’t have any version of Java installed on their
computer, which is increasingly the case,  then my code should be compatible
with the JRE they download from the most obvious place,
Java.com<http://Java.com>.

I was just wondering if maybe Java.com<http://Java.com> wasn’t the right place
anymore.  It doesn’t seem like the site is stagnate.   8u221 was released just
a few months ago.  But why 8?     If anyone has a clue, I would appreciate some
enlightenment.

—
derik

P.S.   Great work bringing such a huge project over to the Apache framework.
I thought it would be a lot easier than it is.  I have watched some fo the
videos of Gertjan discussing the mind bogglingly large amount of tedious work
involved.   I applaud your efforts.