I have a brand new 12.2 installation under Windows 10, and so far I've spent a fair amount of time trying to make changes to nebeans.conf and failing.  Windows UAC doesn't seem to like your configuration file very much.  I'd like to see changes to the installer to specifically permit easier editing of that file, and maybe a review to identify other files that the user might reasonably need make changes to.

Corollary: does anyone know how to change netbeans.conf under windows 10?  I'd appreciate the help.