You can make a copy of the netbeans.conf in your <netbeans userdir>/etc/netbeans.conf

On 12/7/20 9:41 AM, Brenden Towey wrote:

Sorry about that, I just asked about this on Superuser and I just forgot to include the details since I had just explained them. (Yall always check Superuser every time yall get an email, right? :-) )

Yes, I don't have permission.  The entire directory tree including all files is marked as "Read Only" and all the files are owned by "Administrators" (and no group set, group is "None").  The read-only bit seems to be the main problem, but I suspect that the file ownership will also figure in to there somewhere as well. Trying to edit this as text file (Gvim) doesn't allow me to change the file even with :w!  And even if I run Explorer with Admin permissions it would let me change the read only status.  It runs and doesn't report an error, but the read only status remains.

At minimum this is really inconvenient.  At worst I guess I might have to wait for a fix and then re-install.

I think I'd be happier with a configuration file under my users directory, say in a .netbeans directory or something, that I owned and I could just change as needed.