This is because you use both Gnome and some modules of KDE on your
Linux machine (including the KDT wallet), and it's caused by the
Keyring API Implementations. The Keyring API is a (very nice) secure
vault in NetBeans for storing passwords on OS-level, and because of
the latter there are four implementations of it for Windows, Mac,
Gnome, and KDT. On Linux, KDE is checked first.
Unfortunately, no one (including myself) has yet found time to
implement a simple switch, or system property to switch off either
implementation on Linux.
Boris

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 at 17:03, Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.invalid> wrote:

> I recently switched from KDE to MATE (on Linux) and now I'm frequently
> seeing the "enter master password" dialog. Mr Google has offered various
> exotic manual methods to make it go away, but is there a way from within
> NetBeans?
>
> --
> Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)
> "After the vintage season came the aftermath -- and Cenbe."

Boris Heithecker

Dr. Boris Heithecker
Lüneburger Str. 30
28870 Ottersberg