I don't have KWallet installed via package manager, too. But still
"qdbus org.kde.kwalletd5 /modules/kwalletd5 org.kde.KWallet.isEnabled"
returns "true", and this is the native command NetBeans uses to
determine if KWallet is present. Check it in the sources at
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/blob/master/platform/keyring.impl/src/org/netbeans/modules/keyring/kde/KWalletProvider.java.
The KWallet packages are for CLI and GUI, but the core is located
somewhere else, and it seems to be a dependency of everything
KDE-based that can be installed.

Boris