On 3/25/21 5:11 AM, Boris Heithecker wrote:
I don't have KWallet installed via package manager, too. But still
"qdbus org.kde.kwalletd5 /modules/kwalletd5 org.kde.KWallet.isEnabled"
returns "true", and this is the native command NetBeans uses to
determine if KWallet is present.

As you can see in the log file I posted:

https://www.lyonlabs.org/temp/master-password-log.txt

that command fails because it doesn't even find qdbus. I still say this has nothing to do with KDE. It's the GNOME part that should succeed, but fails.

It looks like it's then going on to try the GNOME keyring:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'gnome-keyring':
libgnome-keyring.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

On my machine with MATE installed, the only .so I see for gnome-keyring is:

root@greyhand:~ # find / -xdev -name "*gnome-keyring*so"
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so

In GnomeProvider.java, we see a check for "netbeans.keyring.no.native" (which Neil suggested), which would return immediately. Later there's a call to LIBRARY.gnome_keyring_is_available(), which seems to refer to GnomeKeyringLibrary.java (I'm not quite sure how LIBRARY gets set...).

GnomeKeyringLibrary (and here I'm out of my depth because of the native calls) has an inner class LibFinder, with a check for a filename from Ubuntu Oneiric (which was released in 2011). Is it possible it should be looking for the .so I found above if the user is running MATE?

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)