+1 for not removing ant support for me as well.  I’m admittedly an
old-timer.  My first exposure to a ‘modern’ build tool was on my last job -
the company used gradle.  With a background in make and ant, I found its
syntax hard to grok.    NB devs clearly like Maven - its syntax seems
straight-forward enough, but the tool seems relatively slow and if you have
an existing ant-based project whose directory structure doesn’t match
maven’s desired one, moving to maven may not be as straight forward as some
suggest.  And, how is the uptake of Ivy?  Isn’t that (in combination with
ant) considered a modern build tool?  If NB removes support for ant
altogether, it would not be able to handle ivy-based projects, no?

tom