Christoph

It so happens I have just read a migration guide that looks reasonable and
do-able.  It's at

https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/migrating_from_ant.html

and addresses option for Ant and mentions Ivy.

The guide suggests Ant and Gradle builds coexist until one has confidence
that both build tools produce the same things.  I'm not yet sure I can
foresee how Netbeans IDE might play along with or assist the approach
suggested.

One thing they do not cover is how to switch NB-IDE project configuration
to a standard Gradle project. I definitely do not know how to do that
without making a mess.