There used to be a gradle plugin for NetBeans. Sent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Scott Palmer <swpal...@gmail.com> Date:
2/26/23  08:49  (GMT-06:00) To: Thomas Kellerer <sham...@gmx.net> Cc: NetBeans
application: Maven or Ant? > On Feb 26, 2023, at 7:14 AM, Thomas Kellerer
<sham...@gmx.net> wrote:> > Hello,> > I am trying to "migrate" an old NetBeans
platform application that I created with NetBeans 8.0 about 10 years ago> > I
decided to create a new NetBeans platform application from scratch as there is
a lot of stuff I would do differently today.> > However, I am not sure if I
should go for Maven or Ant as the basis for my new application.> > What is the
recommendation from the NetBeans team for a new platform project?> > I am using
Java 17 if that matters.For any Java project (my opinion, based on experience
with all three options.):Prefer Maven over Ant.Prefer Gradle over Maven.There
are exceptions and how well you know each tool will certainly influence the
order that works for you.I don’t think Gradle is an option for a NetBeans
Platform project.  So Maven is the best choice in this situation.I don’t think
there is a case where I would ever choose to create a new Ant-based project
these days.  It is more flexible than Maven, but far more awkward to work with
than Gradle.  IMO it should probably be hidden as a legacy option in the New
Project