On Mon, 18 Dec 2023 at 18:09, Stephen Winnall <st...@winnall.ch> wrote:
> Why is everyone avoiding answering Judi’s question?
>
> I don’t pretend to be the expert but the answer to Judi’s question is:
> download newer (post-v8) versions of Java from Zulu
> (https://www.azul.com/downloads/?package=jdk#zulu) or some other OpenJDK site.

Michael exactly answered Judi's question!  Unless you have a specific
need to run NetBeans on a specific JDK, the community installers
provide the easiest and self-contained way to use NetBeans with the
latest versions of both.

Direct link is https://www.codelerity.com/netbeans/ as well as the
link on every download page.

Relying on globally installed and registered JDKs to *run* the IDE is
a pain.  If it were solely up to me, I'd have an Apache binary zip for
those who want to configure themselves, and only have installers with
localised JDK runtimes.  It would make our lives and a lot of users'
lives easier, and help us move away from threads like this!  Which,
incidentally, would be better not happening in an [announce] tagged
thread ...

Best wishes,

Neil