The version of java installed for windows and the java referred to by the environment variable Java_Home are not the same. Netbeans will load with the JDK referred to in Java_Home and that can be any version you care to download to your hard-drive and setup.

Very strange!

I have updated both Java and NetBeans as prompted through many versions for several years and my current versions seem to happily coexist and have done so throughout each update.

Why is the java.com website saying that Java versions 7 and 8 are recommended for Windows 10 64-bit computers if there's a "newer" or "higher" version available? And where might i find that if it's not on the java.com website?

Confused.com

Judi Rastall