If this is at NB startup…Not sure if this has changed in newer NB versions
but in  the Netbean folders etc/netbeans.conf the default netbeans_jdkhome in
use property points to default jdk version that NB runs on.  (1). It’s also
possible to specify the location from command line when starting NB.

Believe this is the version NB is running on (which should at minimum be
compatible with version that NB was built with).  Not to be confused with
the Project Java property in use or the available installed Java Platforms.

As I recall, Java 8 was the last non-openjdk release by Oracle after which
the release process and cadence change with emphasis on openjdk (open
source based).

Oracle still offers security updates (especially if there is a support
contract) but many of the older versions are reaching End Of Life (EOL).
Java 8 I believe is the last version with Java with update monitoring; I
believe this was removed or not actively supported in the openjdk version.

Reference
(1)
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6950960/how-can-i-set-the-jdk-netbeans-runs-on

Eric Bresie