On Fri, 1 Mar 2024 at 14:44, Ulf Zibis <ulf.zi...@cosoco.de> wrote:
> nb-javac is included in NetBeans since NB13, so you should not see
> this dialog unless you've deliberately disabled this support and run
> on an older JDK.
>
> This I assumed too, so I'm wondering about my ecperience.

So am I!  If you can find steps that reproduce what you saw it would
be good to know.  I just tried with a local JDK 18 and all seems fine.

You can replicate running with a clean userdir by running

netbeans --userdir /tmp/testuserdir1

> Also, include the package you're using - there are multiple options on
> Ubuntu, which might have an effect on what's happening.
>
> I used package openjdk-18-jdk

Sorry, should have been clearer - I meant NetBeans packaging.  Between
ASF and community options there's zip, deb (x2), appimage and snap you
could be using on Ubuntu.

Best wishes,

Neil