Agreed, but if it "makes it work", I personally prefer that, at least until you have 50%+ of the market.

It's a really interesting topic really.

"Making it work" helps tomee become easier to use.

It's a bad "design decision", but good for "business".

From what I see often, people like things to be easy.

They are going to run into various time-taking learning curves moving to tomee already, so if they run into a spec issue that forces their code to be "correct" but actually their code already works on their first Netbeans+Glassfish EE download example, it will probably push them back to GF. Which is a waste considering what TomEE has to offer.

So IMO it's an allowable trade-off, even if it's horribly wrong.

Based on that, what do you think?

Neale

----- Original Message ----- From: "Romain Manni-Bucau" <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
To: <users@openejb.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 3:13 AM
Subject: Re: Tomee Plus instead of Glassfish

hmm,

personnally (you probably know) i have no issue doing something not in the
spec but here i don't find it logical, i even don't understand it at all.
If there is no interface that's obviously local (even localbean is weird by
the way).

Aligning on RI is not always good...aligning just to say "we do like
others" is never good IMO

- Romain