Okay. I really have to get around the 180 problem.

Here is the issue:
I have line and polygon data that crosses the 180 line. Now with some
projections, both geoserver and ESRI ArcGIS Server can map these
successfully. However, the moment you want to use Google map data you
are in trouble. I can find no way to persuade either system to deliver
lines and polygon data crossing the 180 with the google spherical
mercator. ESRI have more or less indicated that they dont care.
Geoserver says it would take a rewrite of their render.

So question. Is there any other server out there that CAN do this?
If not, has anyone got an alternative strategy that works? I can split
line data at the 180 though it makes some queries a pain. However, this
approach fails for polygons (at least it has for me - suggestions welcome).

--
Phil Scadden, GNS Science Ltd 764 Cumberland St, Private Bag 1930,
Dunedin, New Zealand Ph +64 3 4799663, fax +64 3 477 5232

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential. If received in error
please destroy and immediately notify us. Do not copy or disclose the contents.