On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 22:48:10 -0000, Bruce Pierson <bpierson...@gmail.com> wrote:

I got this little gem in something called “Sweetpacks” and yes, it cropped up
after a download from CNET.  I managed to get rid of it but it was not easy.  I
did it by working my way backwards deleting and then reloading (without using
CNET).  I am normally careful about downloading but somehow this slipped in.
After this I am very cautious about getting anything through CNET.

i suppose the point may be that the target file is downloaded not directly but
with the help of a small 'download manager' file that you are to download
first. i avoid downloading through such managers.