On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 07:43:01 -0500
Nancy Scott <nancysabr...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to uninstall OpenOffice. It won't let me. It says I have to close
> the program. It is closed. I just want it gone. It came with way too many
> other things that keep popping up on my computer. But now I can't get rid of
> it. Please help.

You have obviously downloaded from an unofficial source, hence the obtrusive
popups which the sponsors of such unofficial sites often add. As you are using
Incredimail I assume your operating system is Windows. Start TaskManager (Ctrl
Shift Esc) and kill any soffice processes shown on TaskManager's Processes tab.
Then try to uninstall OpenOffice.  A legitimate copy should uninstall easily at
that stage. If yours doesn't (as I suspect it won't), you need to run a virus
scan with updated virus definitions, then a malware scan (MalwareBytes is well
regarded). You may need to run the virus scan again just to be sure.

For information, the only recommended source for OpenOffice download is
www.openoffice.org/download
which will redirect to SourceForge servers where the files are stored.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>