Hi Rudy,

To uninstall this software from your Macbook:

   1. Click on your desktop.
   2. In the menu bar, select *Go > Applications*.
   3. Select the *OpenOffice *file.
   4. Move that file to the Trash. It will be completely removed from your
   system the next time you empty the Trash.

Depending on your browser, there are different options to change your
starting page. Usually, you can do this from the *Preferences* panel, which
you'll find in the leftmost menu that has the same title as the browser
you're running. For example: *Safari*, *Chrome*, *Firefox*, *Opera*, etc.

It's pretty simple, but if you're still having trouble, I'd recommend
asking a friend who can walk you through these steps.