On 14/11/14 at 3:04 PM, kc0...@centurytel.net (John W. Smith) wrote:

Marina, Yes, I'm using Apache Open Office 4.1.1. Thanks for the magnification tip. I'll see what I can do to make that work when I get the document recovery issue resolved. When I open the Open Office icon, I have to go through the steps (S & N) as described before. Then it opens Writer, not the panel that lets me choose the program I want.

By the way, I got 4 copies of your message.

My email client had a spaz attack and sent it twice to both email addresses --ie yours and that of the mailing list!

Apologies for that.

I'm not really up-to-date with the Windows operating system, so I hope others will step in with suggestions for your document recovery issue.

If you have a copy of the original .zip/compressed archive with the program, seems to me it wouldn't hurt to uninstall and do a clean install.

Hope you can find a quick and good fix! :-)

marina
---
Italy or Australia
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, OS X 10.9.5
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, OS X 10.6.8
www.mtadiello.com                    @martadiello