On 05/10/2015 11:17 AM, Doug wrote:

On 05/10/2015 03:20 AM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

Hi there!  I've been using your spreadsheet and word processor for at
least 15 years (unless you're not that old... as long as I can remember, anyway). I'm sorry to say that the usability of both has gone down quite a bit in the past few years, and I suspect that it's because you're trying to
copy Microsoft.  Microsoft sucks so much, there are no polite words for
them. Why not try to make things better than Microsoft? If you just took these programs from ten years ago, and spruced them up a bit, that would
pretty much do the trick.

/snip/

Much of what you described seems to be related to your operating system
rather than Apache OpenOffice. You are free to install another operating
system if you don't like the one you have. I also complained at lot about
that a long time ago, but finally I did something about it and installed
another operating system. Never looked back since then. Unfortunately the
one I installed also got worse over the years, so now I am planning to
install yet another one, I'm not quite sure which yet though. I think Arch
would be fine for me, at least I would give it a try.

I tried some of the things that you described, but I don't really get it. For instance, when I right click on a spreadsheet, paste special is there,
you said it was not.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ

Have you looked at PCLinuxOS, Johnny?  It's pretty conservative, and it
doesn't have systemd, thank heavens! It also has a really helpful Forum.
Now pay me, Tex!  (Just kidding--the endorsement is completely free!)

--doug
Hi Doug,
I installed PCLOS for a friend who got sick of windows malware always
invading his machine.

He was a very very happy camper with it, until the wifi
card went out. He did not know that, because he is no
techie, so he thought he had been invaded by malware.
So, I will be installing a new card in it for him.

I agree that one of the reasons why I chose pclos is that
it does not have systemd.

There is no question that linux is mimicking Windoze,
not to mention the huge bloatware apps.