> On 05/10/2015 03:20 AM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

>>  Hi there!  I've been using your spreadsheet and word processor for at
>>> least 15 years (unless you're not that old...  as long as I can remember,
>>> anyway).  I'm sorry to say that the usability of both has gone down
>>> quite a
>>> bit in the past few years, and I suspect that it's because you're trying
>>> copy Microsoft.  Microsoft sucks so much, there are no polite words for
>>> them.  Why not try to make things better than Microsoft?  If you just
>>> took
>>> these programs from ten years ago, and spruced them up a bit, that would
>>> pretty much do the trick.
>>>

> /snip/
>
>  Much of what you described seems to be related to your operating system
>> rather than Apache OpenOffice. You are free to install another operating
>> system if you don't like the one you have. I also complained at lot about
>> that a long time ago, but finally I did something about it and installed
>> another operating system. Never looked back since then. Unfortunately the
>> one I installed also got worse over the years, so now I am planning to
>> install yet another one, I'm not quite sure which yet though. I think Arch
>> would be fine for me, at least I would give it a try.
>>
>> I tried some of the things that you described, but I don't really get it.
>> For instance, when I right click on a spreadsheet, paste special is there,
>> you said it was not.
>>

>> Kind regards
>>
>> Johnny Rosenberg
>> ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ
>>

> Have you looked at PCLinuxOS, Johnny?

Yes I have, but it was some years ago.

>   It's pretty conservative, and it
> doesn't have systemd, thank heavens! It also has a really helpful Forum.
> Now pay me, Tex!  (Just kidding--the endorsement is completely free!)

Well, I'm not necessarily looking for conservative, I just want it to be
easy to do simple tasks. When I first installed the operating system I have
now, I was quite impressed. It was like ”wow, it works like I think an
operating system should work”. I can actually do things with this. The next
version was even better and for every new version there were some nice
improvements, but since 2011 it has been the other way around. Now, almost
most of the things that I liked from the beginning are gone. Things that
was simple to perform is still possible to do, but it's very much more
complicated. Some things I didn't even figure out yet. I saw some tutorials
and I tried them, but they simply didn't work… But all this is somewhat OFF
TOPIC, maybe there are better places to discus it…

Johnny Rosenberg