I just used another email to sign up, verify my sign up, request
unsubscribe and, verify unsubscribe request.

You may have been told what to do but to be clear: you HAVE to verify
the unsubscribe. If you are not getting that, check your spam filter.
NO one (that Im aware of) will unsubscribe you.

And if that doesnt work - set a filter to delete any email from
openoffice.apache.org.

Wade
--
Registered Linux User: #480675