I don't know why OpenOffice isn't recognizing the file contents
properly. Maybe someone else will have ideas.

Do you have 'Always create a backup copy' enabled?

Again, please use 'Reply to All' (including
users@openoffice.apache.org) so the other people on this e-mail list
see your replies.

- Robert