Hi,

I have been querying why the list has to receive two copies of the same
email if a user is unsubscribed. One or two of the moderators have
basically said that the way it is now, is the way it stays.

For ease of understanding, it is assumed therefore that they will
continue to let the unsubscribed user know that his/her question was
answered by sending a repeat of an earlier mailing list message to them
directly as well as to the list.

What I would like to do is setup a filter to either put those
unsubscribed users in another folder or at least make them differently
from the other messages in the Users folder.

A problem comes in, specifically for users like myself, who do not have
the latest and greatest Mozilla/Thunderbird package or the understanding
to download, compile and install it and therefore cannot determine if
the person is subscribed or not. What would Mozilla look for as it
filters and marks the incoming mail to make it different to the other
received email in the folder. I am using Mozilla 1.4 and do not have the
full headers displaying when I read email offline.

If you can give me something to look for in the headers that the filters
will pick up, I'll gladly setup a filter this side to flag them and therefore let me know to CC the user.