I want to create a character style that changes all-capital abbreviations to small capitals and apply it retroactively, after the abbreviations have already been typed in all capitals. Is there any way to do this?

Example:

   Harriet, an FBI agent, turned on CNN to get the dirt
   on the CIA before going to bed at 9:30 PM.

I want to be able to take text like the example above, select FBI, CNN, CIA, and PM, apply a character style, and see them as small capitals. Is this possible? Without retyping or replacing the abbreviations?

I'm using OpenOffice 2.4.1 on Windows Vista SP1.

--
David
Stardate 8703.0