Hi,

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 12:03 AM, Manfred J. Krause wrote:

>> Meaning that you can't just remove them via the
>> Extension Manager, you need to actually dig into the program directory
>> and remove them there... [...]
>
> [...] - you can remove them as *extension*
> Click (inside the extension manager) at the dictionary extension  ->
> <Remove>

... in addition:

<quote>
OOo 3.#
The dictionaries are now delivered as extensions!
It means that their removal is much easier. Just use the OOo extension
manager (Tools menu) to uninstall the dictionary.
Beware, an upgrade may reinstall again the extensions installed by
default and removed afterwards!
For *NIX systems, you need to run OOo as root to have enough rights to
remove the dictionaries installed by default.
</quote>
[1)

> After a reboot the dictionary is removed from
> <... share\uno_packages\ ...>
> <... writing aids ...>

Better: After restarting OOo ...  ;-)

[1]
[Tutorial] Spell check and Language configuration
2. Removing all these extra dictionaries I don't need
<http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=362#p362>

Manfred