On 4 Oct 2008 at 9:30, Barbara Duprey wrote:
> > It's trivial, but I'm pretty sure ity should work. It does rely on
> > the forwarding being set up and consistent though. I'll cut'n'paste
> > what I said earlier:
> >
> > "1. In your mail client set your email address to the problem gmail
> > address, and send an unsubscription request to OOo.
> > 1a The list manager will respond to the problem address.
> > 2. Assuming email is being forwarded as you describe, you will
> > receive the confirmation email.
> > 3. Reply to the confirmation email as directed therein.
> > 4. Restore your proper sending address in your mail client."
> >
> > (and yes, I know some of this could be short-circuited; in
> > particular, I vaguely recall confirmation could be completed via a
> > web link in the copnfirmation email, but may be wrong.)
> >
> > It /should/ work, no?
>
> Can you do steps 1 through 3 without the password of the problem
> account? Haven't tried, but if that works, any of us could do it and get
> rid of this guy. In the past, I've been unable to send or receive mail
> on an account that was actually mine when the password was changed by
> the ISP without telling me.

I've not (yet) tried unsubscribing.

However, subscription seems to work using that technique, so unnsub
presumably does too.

More precisely, I've created an account '[EMAIL PROTECTED]',
forwarded to me, [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I sent a subscribe request
pretending to be 'dummy' - confirmation came to 'mike' and was duly
responded to as 'dummy'. Seems to have successfully subscribed
'dummy', as I've just received 2 copies of a test email to the list
(for the need of which I apologise).

All without access to dummy's actual account - just knowing the
forwarding is there.

Now to unsub 'dummy' the same way......... I hope :-)

--
Permission for this mail to be processed by any third party in
connection