Harold Fuchs wrote:
> On 05/10/2008 08:39, mike scott wrote:
>> (Everything snipped - can we put this subthread to rest please?)
>>
>> /IF/ a mailicious mail account has /everything/ forwarded to a target
>> victim, there is no problem at all for the victim to unsubscribe the
>> mailicious account from this list, even without any access to that
>> malicious account. They do need to know the email address of the
>> account.
>>
>> They just send an unsub email with that malicious address as sender.
>> Because of the forwarding, they will receive the unsub confirmation
>> request. They then reply to this.
>>
>> Job done.
>>

> I think that's right but what puzzles me is how to subscribe some else
> in the first place. When one subscribes one receives the same sort of
> "please confirm" message as one gets when one unsubscribes. So if
> *you* tried to subscribe *me*, I'd get the "please confirm" message
> and just wouldn't do it. Would someone please explain what I'm missing
> here?

If I read Chuck's messages correctly, he was subscribed to some gmail
account that was not his.  The person who created that account then
subscribes here and then set that gmail account to forward to his.

However, given the behaviour of Chuck and Kaye, I have my doubts as to
who was the cause of the problem.