James Knott wrote:
> Alan Lord wrote:
>> Harold Fuchs wrote:
>>

> I used to use a news reader, for many topics.  Unfortunately, my ISP
> discontinued the news server and I didn't look elsewhere for another.

Gmane's news servers are open to the public. Just keep in mind that
gmane.org provide this news groups service only to mirror various
mailing lists.

I use gmane too. I agree with the other author, it is much more
convenient than using emails. I still subscribe to the mailing list, but
in my email account the emails of this mailing list are set to be deleted.