James Knott wrote:
Barbara Duprey wrote:
James Knott wrote:
Roy wrote:
I'll bet not many people have sent for the list "help" email...
How to un-subscribe a "forwarded" email address is clearly defined
towards the bottom...

For those who haven't bothered, here's the relevant bits:

"You can start a subscription for an alternate address,

for example "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", just add a hyphen and your
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Please be patient, my owner is a
lot slower than I am  ;-) "

So, in Chuck's case the stop instructions should work (assuming he wants
them too) and if that fails, there's always users-owner.
Two things here: the confirmation goes to the subscribed address, and
in this case that is an account that does not belong to the targeted
person so it can't be confirmed by the usual process (though there's
been discussion here of use of a mimic account, which might work).
Second, there seems to be a problem with the users-owner account being
blocked or otherwise unresponsive, at least at times.

I can't speak about the owner account.  But if he's receiving forwarded
mail, then the confirmation email should go through too.  I don't
recall, does the OO list require a reply or a link click?

Good question! A reply *coming from the subscribed account*, I'm pretty sure (which wouldn't work, or at least not easily) -- but if it were a link-click there wouldn't be a problem. If it isn't, maybe it could be!