Barbara Duprey wrote:
> James Knott wrote:
>> Barbara Duprey wrote:
>> Hi Barbara
>>
>> I'd like to try an experiment where I forward email from my gmail
>> account to your account.  Do I have your permission to try this?  If so,
>> which account would you prefer I use?
>
> Sure, and [EMAIL PROTECTED] is fine. It's definitely something it would be
> good to know. How would you like me to respond?

Our little experiment worked.  I was able to configure gmail to forward
messages addressed to me on to Barbara and she was able to reply to me,
using my main email address as the from address and sent via her SMTP
server.

So:
1) Someone could have set up a gmail account to relay list messages to
Chuck.
2) He could have stopped the subscription, if he'd followed the
instructions suggested by us, even without involving the list owner.

Thanks Barbara.  I've turned off forwarding to you, so all should be
back to normal.