James Knott wrote:
Barbara Duprey wrote:
James Knott wrote:
Barbara Duprey wrote:
Understood, and it would be annoying, but not really harmful.
What would you do, if someone decided they didn't want you on the list
and as soon as you post, fires off another unsubscribe?  Would that not
be harmful?
Highly irritating! But they couldn't stop me from posting (messages
would just go through the moderator) or using another means to view
the messages.

This list has moderated messages.  Others don't, which means if you're
not subscribed, you can't post at all.

True. In general, a malicious unsubscribe would be more of a problem, but this list appears to be unusual in making it harder than most to unsubscribe. The only other list I follow regularly is Scribus, and this "please unsubscribe me" stuff doesn't seem to get raised there. So I was trying to address the specific problem, rather than the general one.