On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:25:21 -0800 (PST)
Came this utterance fomulated by Bob Cunningham to my mailbox:

> Could you PLEASE send me instructions on how to uninstall this
> absolutely useless program that screws up my computer.  Thank You.
> Send the instructions to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Calm down a bit Bob. We need a little more information.

First of we need to know your Operating System? OpenOffice.org (OO.o) as
a program runs on at least four Operating systems (Linux, Mac OS X,
Solaris and Windows). Assuming it is Windows, then it would be nice to
know which version of Windows you have: 98, ME, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista or
2008 as current versions of OO.o will run on each of these.

Assuming you are running Windows then OO.o is uninstalled the way any
other program is uninstalled. Using "Add/Remove Programs" from the
"Control Panel" in the case of most Windows versions.

Which absolutely useless program are you talking about? The OO.o office
program capable of running on four different Operating Systems and more
different versions of Windows than any Microsoft Office offering; that
will open and save natively in the only International ISO standard
formats as well as many other formats to prevent vendor lockin; that is
created and offered to everyone to use, give away, add too or even adapt
to your own purposes all for free - with free refering to both senses of
the word 'freedom' and 'no cost'.

Lastly it would be nice to know (as you sent this to a list of several
thousand users that are happy with the program) what you found to be
absolutely useless about the program?

You did RTFM before you tried to use such a powerful program, didn't you
Bob? After all we know you didn't type "uninstall" into Windows Help,
instead choosing to snipe at several thousand happy users with the
record of your frustrations, and n00b lack of knowledge saved
permanently and irretrievably on several different internet servers
worldwide.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416